5 The Reasons Why You Need Magnesium In Your Bath
Add a bit of chemistry to your baths with Magnesium salt to heal boost your health holistically
We are all familiar with the benefits of vitamins for our skin and overall health, but we often forget about minerals. Magnesium is one such essential mineral that packs several health benefits in each ion.
Magnesium Sulfate, commonly known as Epsom Salt, can help soothe everything from sore muscles to constipation when added to your bathwater. Plus, it is beneficial for the skin too. Now, this is the kind of chemistry we like!
Named after the small town in England where it was first discovered, Epsom Salt is a must for busy women and tired mamas. This salt is popular for its therapeutic benefits and can be found everywhere, from spas to pharmacies. So, if you are looking to indulge in some much-deserved self-care, you need to add this ingredient to your bath routine. Here is why!
The Health and Skincare Benefits Of Magnesium Baths
Epsom Salt baths are an excellent way to boost your magnesium intake because the magnesium ions in the water can penetrate the skin and enter your bloodstream. All you need to do is dissolve the salt in your bathwater, and soak in it for at least 15 minutes. Here are the multiple benefits of a magnesium bath that will convince you to indulge in one asap!
- Relieves Muscle Pain: Magnesium is a popular muscle relaxant that reduces inflammation and soreness in the muscles. It offers relief from period cramps as well as aching muscles during or post-pregnancy. Moreover, the sulfate component of the Epsom Salt will improve your joint health too! Hence, Magnesium baths are particularly beneficial for women of all ages!
- Reduces Inflammation: Magnesium deficiency leads to inflammation and chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. Epsom salt baths help to maintain healthy magnesium levels in the body and prevent these conditions.
- Relaxes The Mind: Not only is a relaxing bath a stress-buster in general, but adding Magnesium to the mix can further boost your mood! This is because Magnesium elevates the Serotonin and Melatonin levels in the body. Serotonin is the feel-good hormone that will crush anxiety. On the other hand, Melatonin is the sleep-inducing hormone that will improve your sleep cycles. Now that is a winning duo indeed!
- Cures Constipation: Magnesium is an excellent laxative that helps cure constipation. Hence, oral Magnesium is often prescribed to those suffering from irregular bowels. Similarly, Magnesium baths will help cure constipation too, as the magnesium ions directly enter your bloodstream through your skin.
- Removes Dead Skin: Soaking your body in a magnesium bath will loosen any dead skin. You can further remove stubborn dead skin by gently scrubbing your body with some Epsom Salt mixed in with an essential oil of your choice. This skincare ritual will leave your skin baby soft and smooth.
Different Ways To Boost Your Magnesium Intake
I am sure that the all-round benefits of Magnesium have tempted you to boost your intake of this mineral. Here is how you can go about it!
- Magnesium Bath At Home: Dissolve 2 cups of Epsom Salt in your bathtub filled with warm water. Soak in this bath for 15 to 20 minutes to relieve sore muscles and cure constipation. You can also create a foot soak in a bucket for a relaxing pedicure.
- Oral Supplements: Oral Magnesium supplements are often prescribed to those suffering from constipation or severe Magnesium deficiency. However, don’t try drinking Epsom Salt without consulting a doctor, as it can cause diarrhea.
- Floatation Therapy: Head over to a spa that offers floatation therapy for a one-of-a-kind relaxing experience. Floatation tanks contain up to 350 Kilos of Magnesium dissolved in water to create a saturated solution. You will literally be able to float in this Magnesium solution that will invigorate and recharge your senses!
- Magnesium Scrubs: If you do not have the time to create a fancy bath, you can enjoy the benefits of Magnesium by using body scrubs that contain this magical ingredient. The Herbivore Amethyst Body Scrub is an excellent alternative that offers the benefits of Magnesium to all the busy ladies! Not only is this scrub rich in Magnesium, but it also contains soothing Amethyst, hydrating coconut oil, and the calming scent of jasmine oil. Therefore, it gets rid of dead skin and dryness, and relaxes your mind and body, all in one stroke!
Build Your Personal Spa At Home
Once you master the art of creating your own magnesium bath, you wouldn’t feel the need to hit the spa! Simply add magnesium scrubs or salts to your weekend pamper sessions to experience all the therapeutic benefits of a spa at home! Add candles, incense, and solfeggio suite frequencies music to the mix to enjoy me-time at its best.
This is an affordable, quick, and effective way to recharge yourself for the week ahead. So, whether you are struggling with aches and pains or need a pick-me-up to lift your spirits, try a Magnesium bath. I am sure you will come back to thank me!