Are Lip Sleeping Masks Worth It?
Wake Up To Softer, Smoother Lips In Any Season
Although we don’t want lips as large as Kylie Jenner’s, the topic of lip fillers can get anyone thinking about improving the look of our lips.
The skin on our lips is similar to the skin on our face but the outer protective layer is much thinner. This is why our lips tend to feel dry often and need protective, moisturizing products.
The dry heat in Southern California’s weather has got our lips feeling chapped. Despite layering on lip balm before bed, our lips feel parched in the morning. We put the Laneige lip sleeping mask to the test and loved the results of smoother, softer lips.
What Is A Lip Sleeping Mask?
Lip masks are overnight lip treatments that gently exfoliate, deeply moisturize, and create a protective barrier. Lip masks often have a richer and thicker consistency compared to your standard lip balm.
The formulations may vary across different brands, but they usually contain a high concentration of moisturizing ingredients. Some may also contain certain active ingredients to help remove dark spots with vitamin C but we cannot say if they are as effective as using a luxury brightening serum.
Lip Balm vs. Lip Mask, What’s The Difference?
If lip masks are hydrating lip products, how are they different from lip balms? Here are some of the key differences:
· Lip sleeping masks offer hydration throughout the night, whereas lip balms offer hydration only for a couple of hours.
· Lip masks are richer and thicker in consistency than lip balms. By being able to apply a thick layer of a lip mask, this helps ensure longer hydration.
· Most lip balms don’t hydrate the lips but create a barrier to help prevent moisture from escaping. However, lip masks provide hydration and create a protective barrier.
· Lip masks may also contain active ingredients that gently exfoliate the lips to remove dead skin for more effective hydration.
4 Benefits That Make Lip Masks A Must Have
· Plumps up the lips by restoring full hydration levels
· Softens the lips and soothes extreme dryness and chapping
· Gently exfoliates the lips for more effective hydration
· Preps the lips for smooth lip makeup in the morning
How To Use A Lip Mask?
Here is our tried and true lip care ritual that helped plump lip lines, soften the lips, and brighten them a bit too.
· Thoroughly and gently remove lip makeup with makeup remover as tiny traces of makeup may worsen lip lines and reduce the effectiveness of the lip mask
· Use a lip scrub 1-2 times a week (we make one at home by mixing 1 tablespoon of fine sugar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ tablespoon of honey)
· At night before bed, apply a thick layer of the lip mask. In the morning, rinse as usual with your daily morning face cleansing routine.
Continue to use lip balm throughout the day and drink plenty of water.
Can I Use A Lip Sleeping Mask Every Day?
Yes! Unlike lip scrubs, which should only be used a few times a week as the skin on our lips is very thin, most lip masks can be used every night. In fact, they will offer you the best results when used daily.
So, for plump and juicy lips, include these masks as an essential part of your nighttime skincare routine.
What Is The Best Lip Sleeping Mask?
The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is hands down one of the best lip masks we have tried. Ever since this K-Beauty lip mask launched, it has received rave reviews from users across the world.
On a personal note, it is a nightstand essential for me, and my lips can’t live without it for more than a few days.
This magical lip treatment comes in a variety of scents and each jar contains enough product to last for many months. The Laneige lip sleeping masks has some of the most effective moisturizers and protective emollients for the lips, including nourishing shea butter, hydrating glycerin, and plant based waxes.
Moreover, it also has a blend of Vitamin C and other antioxidants derived from their berry extracts. Despite the rich formula, the mask doesn’t feel greasy on the lips and has a silky and lightweight texture.
Why Is The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask So Hyped?
The best thing about the Laneige Lip Mask is that it is a one-and-done product. It single-handedly hydrates, plumps, and exfoliates the lips. It is a must-have product for anyone living in dry or cold climates.
Even in terms of cost and availability, the Laneige Lip Mask steals the crown. One little jar of the product will last you for several months, making it as affordable as the average lip balm but with way more goodness.